This gift selection offers what online shopping never will: a unique boutique experience at brick-and-mortars that make getting out of your jammies totally worth it. If you need to reconnect with that holiday spirit, throw a scarf around your neck, clip a few of these coupons, and head to these cheery bastions of local retail bliss.
BY KATE HARTLEY
PHOTOS BY SHANNAN THOMPSON
1. THE MAGNOLIA ROOM | A welcoming array of gifts, décor and antique vendors all under one charming, candle-scented roof.
Merry Marietta holiday cards, by local artist Tricia Pridemore, $2.50.
Wooden tree, handmade in Georgia, $13.99. Recycled metal reindeer, $29.95. Thyme’s Frasier Fir large pine cone candle (the scent of Christmas!), $45.50. Recycled oil funnel tree, $39.95. Noble Fir faux branches, $15.99 each.
SHOP | 800 Whitlock Avenue, Ste. 201, Marietta. 770-499-6015. FB + Pinterest. magnoliaroomantiques.com
2. THE RUSTIC MARKET | In this mecca of modern farmhouse goodness in Acworth, gorgeous vintage décor mingles with gifts galore. Plus, the adjacent Market Boutique abounds with trendy women’s apparel, jewelry and accessories.
Wooden handmade signs & art from Wooden Sugar and Six Twenty Two. They do custom! From $12.
Unique handmade jewelry from Hensley Grace Designs, from $12.
For whimsical, go-to gifts for any occasion, there’s Mud Pie everything! From $8.
SHOP | 5330 Brookstone Drive, Ste. 220 & 230, Acworth, next to Reveille Café. 770-694-1282. FB + IG. Shop online: shoptherusticmarket.com
3. LITTLE RED BIRD GIFTS | LRB, located by Whole Foods at Barrett and Cobb Parkway, is the new retail destination for inspiring home décor, handcrafted bath & body, stationery, bags, jewelry, children’s gift s and every other good thing ever made.
Decatur-crafted Himalayan candles in refillable, collectible vessels, from $12.
One-of-a-kind artisan jewelry by Tisch Jewelry, from $50.
Buttery soft robes, socks and blankets by Barefoot Dreams,from $18.
SHOP | 1300 Barrett Parkway, Ste.270, Kennesaw, in Kennesaw Marketplace.470-222-9974. FB + IG. littleredbirdgifts.com
4. WHITE RABBIT COTTAGE | Just entering this shop’s green-gabled, twinkle-lit buildings releases endorphins – especially when they are gorgeously arrayed for the season. Furniture, art, décor and gifts fill every inviting nook.
Christmas pillows in a variety of sizes and styles, $24-$49.
Battery-operated snow globe Water Lanterns, showcasing Christmas scenes, $42-$59.
Beautiful Christmas napkins, candles and soaps from Michel Design Works (4 different collections), $5.50-$18.50.
SHOP | 3760 Due West Road, Marietta. 770-919-1100. FB + IG. whiterabbitcottage.net
5. MARKET WITH A B. | Located on historic Marietta Square, this charming farmhouse-inspired general store offers furniture, unique gifts, women’s apparel, shoes and home provisions selected for their usefulness.
ATL baseball caps from Aviate, $35.00.
Wooden “You are my Sunshine” functional swing with wrought iron handles, $98.
Sugarboo journals in leather or linen $7.95 – $45.
SHOP | 113 Church St., Marietta 678-426-8700. Find on FB + IG. marketwithab.com
***Pick Up A Hard Copy of Black Dress Red Wagon Magazine for a special discount just for our readers!***